eWEEK is building a new IT products and services section that encompasses most of the categories that we cover on our site. In it, we will spotlight the leaders in each sector, which include enterprise software, hardware, security, on-premises-based systems and cloud services. We also will add promising new companies as they come into the market.
Company: Adaptiva (endpoint management and security)
Company description: Adaptiva, founded in 2004 and headquartered in Kirkland, Wash., is a global provider of modern endpoint management and security solutions. The company’s peer-to-peer technology products, including OneSite and Client Health, empower enterprise IT teams to manage and secure endpoints with unparalleled speed and at massive scale. Adaptiva is self-funded, highly profitable and growing at a rapid rate. Leading global Fortune 1000 organizations, including T-Mobile, Nokia, HSBC, Adidas, Walgreens, the U.S. Department of Defense and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, use Adaptiva products to eliminate the need for a vast IT infrastructure and automate countless endpoint management tasks.
Jim Souders is the CEO of Adaptiva.
Markets: Enterprise IT
International Operations: USA, UK
Products and Services
OneSite: The Adaptiva OneSite content distribution engine securely speeds enterprise-wide software deployments with its breakthrough peer-to-peer technology. Now you can reliably distribute any software at unparalleled speed and massive scale without the need for costly server investments, bandwidth throttling or time-consuming manual efforts.
Windows 10 Accelerator Program: Adaptiva’s Windows 10 Accelerator Program solves one of the biggest challenges facing IT today: migrating large numbers of Windows 10 systems quickly and automatically. Using technology proven for years by the Fortune 500, this new program provides a stress-free, cost-effective way for enterprise IT professionals to plan, test, deploy and maintain Windows 10 at scale.
Client Health: Client Health is an endpoint health and security engine that uses peer-to-peer technology to manage and secure endpoint configurations at scale. It automatically checks an endpoint’s health, diagnoses any problems and fixes issues … instantly.
- P2P Platform: Eliminates IT infrastructure delays and costs with peer-to-peer software distribution platform.
- Virtual SAN: Creates massive data stores with no impact to end users.
- Predictive Bandwidth Harvesting: Automatically maximizes content delivery speed while protecting the network.
- LiveFlow: Gains real-time visibility and control over content.
- Workflow Designer and Engine: Automates IT tasks without coding.
- P2P PXE: Automates Windows OS deployments without the need for a large server infrastructure and tedious configuration work.
Windows 10 Accelerator Program:
- Adaptiva OneSite: Deploys Windows 10 across your enterprise without the need for a large server infrastructure.
- Adaptiva Client Health for Windows 10: Secures and maintains Windows 10 endpoints at scale.
- Windows 10 Community Tools: Leverages best-in-class tools for key aspects of the Windows 10 migration, including software license management, reporting and more.
- Microsoft MVP Training and Guides: Get your team deployment-ready with hours of video training and guides created by leading Windows 10 experts.
- Smart-scaling P2P Technology: Drives continuous endpoint compliance and configuration management at scale.
- Prepackaged Health Checks: Closes common security holes instantly with more than 100 prepackaged endpoint health checks.
- Workflow Designer and Engine: Creates your own custom health checks without coding.
- Visual Reporting Engine: Gains instant insights and dashboards on endpoint health and security.
Insight and Analysis
Several peer reviews and testimonials are available.
Enterprise Management Research has a product description and fact sheet here.
Questions to ask when considering a content delivery solution can be found here (PDF).
More analysis to come.
Representative list of current customers: T-Mobile, Nokia, HSBC, Walgreens, the U.S. Department of Defense and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Delivery: On-premises software
OneSite: List pricing starts at $17 per endpoint
Windows 10 Accelerator Program: Complimentary for OneSite customers
Client Health: List pricing starts at $12 per endpoint
Other key players in this market: Aspera, Eracent, Snow, Tanium
+1 (425) 823-4500